- monthly subscription or
- one time payment
- cancelable any time
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
Every day, we are bombarded by tons ads and infomercials about toothpaste and teeth whitening agents. People go to the dentist to whiten their teeth so that they may be able to flash their killer smiles. The traditional way of whitening teeth is by soaking them is hydrogen peroxide solution of other chemicals that removes stains and bleaches the teeth. But as it has been said, that is the traditional way. The most recent breakthrough in teeth whitening is through the use of lasers. With the use of lasers, the teeth whitening process is done in a quick and pain-free manner.
Technically, lasers are a concentrated beam of light that carries with it high amount of light energy. The laser beam is so narrow and the energy is highly concentrated and those are the reasons why lasers can be used in whitening teeth.
How laser teeth whitening works:
• Scraping of the teeth is done to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned and free of other foreign materials. This step is just the same as the one that is done using the traditional method.
• Hydrogen peroxide or other bleaching agent is applied to the teeth to remove the plaque and stains along the gum line. Laser cannot be used at very close proximity with the gums since its energy has the capability of destroying the gum tissues.
• A professional-strength peroxide gel is applied to the teeth. This allows the laser’s maximum effect in cleaning and whitening your teeth.
• Laser light is used to activate the peroxide applied to the teeth. The high energy carried by the laser beam hastens the chemical action, thus making the whitening procedure. The use of laser also ensures the dentist may work on cleaning your teeth with utmost precision. The Laser acts like as a catalyst for the peroxide.
The laser teeth whitening method is so effective that as of now it is becoming a norm in teeth cleaning technology. Why not? It is quick, effective and pain-free. The only drawback to this technology is that it is quite costly.
As good as it may sound; there are some precautions that must be observed before subjecting yourself under the laser teeth whitening process. For once, it is not advisable for pregnant women. They are usually advised to delay the process until the baby is delivered. Also, it is not applicable when your teeth have cracks where chemicals may seep in. It would be a disaster if a chemical seeps into your teeth and gets activated by laser. If there are any cracks, you are advised to fix those first.
Experts say that the laser teeth whitening technology is worth the cost. Given enough money, who would turn back from an opportunity to have a great smile that can capture the heart of anyone? http://www.xpressdentalclinic.com
WHAT IS A GUM LIFT
A gum lift or gingivectomy is a procedure that can be done by a dentist to reshape the gums to provide a more pleasing smile. Gums are reshaped for numerous reasons: some people have gums that have not receded after the permanent tooth erupts, while others have lips that allow a lot of gum to show when a person smile. In some cases, gums can recede over time and expose more of the tooth surface than is desired.
Having a ‘gummy’ smile can cause a person to be very self-conscious about their appearance. Getting a gum lift is the same as getting a face lift if a person is not happy with their wrinkles or saggy eyelids; it is simply a cosmetic procedure to improve the appearance and thus, the self-confidence. Gum lifts are normally only done on the front teeth as these are the ones that are most visible when a person smiles.
In the past, a gum lift was a painful dentistry treatment. It involved cutting the gums, stitches and weeks of recovery. Now, it can be done with the use of lasers where recovery is minimal. Patients usually only require over the counter pain relievers for a day or two following the procedure, and can eat and drink normally within a day.
To begin, dentists administer a local anesthesia where they then cut and reshape the gum line to make it more even and visually appealing. The use of lasers automatically seals off blood vessels so there is little or no bleeding. The procedure is quick. The gums can be lowered or raised, depending on the need.
Gum lifts are especially helpful when a patient is also getting other cosmetic dentistry work done. It is more visually appealing to have even gums when veneers are being applied, for instance. It is important to follow the instructions that the dentist gives a patient after the procedure is completed. Not taking care of the area can lead to infection. Follow-up visits to the dentist are equally important to keep that beautiful smile, too!
It is important to choose the dentist carefully. They need to have experience with the procedure to do it correctly. There is no substitute for an inexperienced cosmetic dentist when it comes to getting a gum lift. It is very important not to remove too much of the gum, as this can expose areas of the tooth that are supposed to be below the gum line. When done by an experienced professional, a gum lift can make a huge difference in the appearance, giving the patient a truly beautiful and winning smile.
6 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR TEETH WHITE
If you’re looking for an easy way to look younger without breaking your piggy bank, a recent study conducted at the Max Planck Institute in Berlin suggests that all you have to do is smile. Researchers found that strangers are more likely to underestimate a person’s age if she is smiling, and it doesn’t get much easier than that! However, according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), a smile soured by damaged or yellow teeth has the exact opposite effect and tends to make you appear even older than your years. Fortunately, there are many ways — both low- and high-tech — to achieve a beautiful, white smile. From eating crunchy fruits and veggies to selecting certain shades of lipstick and bronzer, here’s what leading cosmetic dentists recommend to make your smile sparkle — and look younger while you’re at it!
1. Focus on Flossing
What is the No. 1 way to a bright, white smile? “It sounds boring, but plain-old basic oral hygiene is where one starts,” says Thomas Connelly, DDS, New York City-based cosmetic dentist and weekly contributor to the Huffington Post. Dr. Connelly recommends brushing your teeth after every meal — and even packing a toothbrush for an “after lunch” work brush. “Flossing every day will also go a long way in making your smile look good.” Because even the best toothbrushes and mouthwash can’t reach every crevice between your teeth, proper flossing is a sure way to prevent bacteria and plaque buildup in your mouth that, if uncontrolled, make it easier for foods, drinks and tobacco to accumulate and stain your teeth.
2. Boost Your Calcium and Vitamin C Intake
Since a healthy mouth and white smile are so closely correlated, maintaining strong teeth is another way to keep your smile looking bright. Eating a balanced diet filled with certain teeth-fortifying nutrients will help fend off oral health problems that can detract from a pretty smile, such as tooth decay, erosion, and periodontal disease. Calcium is needed to grow and develop both baby and adult teeth and even strengthens your jawbone.
3. Forget Food and Drink Foes
Conversely, there are also foods that can put your white smile in jeopardy. Avoid sodas — even diet! — and sugary foods, especially hard, sticky, or gummy candies. Acidic foods, like citrus, may appear healthy but aren’t particularly good for your chompers: they can weaken tooth enamel and create an environment for cavity-causing bacteria to thrive. This can ultimately cause tooth decay and discoloration that appears as bright white spots on the teeth.
4. Try Professional Bleaching
Teeth whitening by a skilled dentist is a faster and more effective way to get a white smile than over-the-counter products. Professional chairside bleaching treatments like Zoom! or BriteSmile use a much higher concentration of whitening ingredients than OTC whiteners and incorporate laser technology that is thought to penetrate teeth and facilitate a deeper whitening effect — and usually only take about one hour. “This works very well, but most patients still need to follow up with at-home custom bleaching trays or white strips to get the teeth to the desired shade,” says Dr. Zak. Zak also recommends another method called KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching System, which combines chairside bleaching with home application for better results. Prices for in-office treatments vary, but can easily set you back $500-1,000.
5. Choose a DIY Whitener
If you don’t want to shell out for a pro treatment, some OTC methods can help to brighten your smile. Zak says that Aquafresh trays work well, and Dr. Lituchy recommends Crest Whitestrips. Lituchy adds that whitening strips combined with whitening toothpaste are a good “one-two punch” toward achieving a white smile: “The whitening toothpaste removes the external surface stains, whereas whitening strips penetrate the deeper tooth layers to actually bleach the teeth.” Connelly typically recommends the GO SMiLE brand of toothpastes and whiteners.
6. Fake It With Makeup
If you’re looking for an even faster solution than an over-the-counter whitening kit can offer, try a new makeup routine to get a whiter smile on the go. “One way to make teeth ‘appear’ brighter instantly is by wearing shades of lipstick that have a blue undertone, as well as makeup, such as bronzer, to darken the skin tone so there is a greater contrast to the teeth,” says Lituchy. http://www.xpressdentalclinic.com
SOMETHING ABOUT MCALLEN DENTISTS
Each day, there is a different thought that just suddenly pops up on top our heads In fact, this doesn’t happen every day but every hour, every minute, every second. Each thought is just as random as the other. But, has it ever occurred to you to think about dentists? Maybe, McAllen dentists? Well, if you are a health enthusiast maybe you already have. You might have already thought of the differences they have from other dentists.
McAllen dentists pride themselves with their dental clinics. They make use of the latest technology for their patients. In fact, when you come to their clinic, you might want to run straight out because you think that you just entered the wrong place. Well, you didn’t. The appliances that are inside a McAllen dentist’s clinic are prepared for the patients. There are some cases that patients would need to wait long before their actual appointment. The entrainment provided in their office is just for that. This is so that the patients would not get bored and frustrated from the long wait.
They focus on giving the best services to their customers. They provide an environment that reduces the anxiety that a patient might feel in visiting a dental clinic. They make sure that the patient’s experience in consulting with them is sensible. Of course, these are only on the side. The main focus of a McAllen dentist is, of course, the dental hygiene of a patient. McAllen dentists practice emergency dentistry, family dentistry, periodontal services, restorative dentistry and pediatric dentistry.
The way of thinking of McAllen dentists is that they should always improve the level of their services in order to achieve excellence. Even if the services that they offer can e rated off the charts, they will not settle. The number one priority of a McAllen dentist is always the convenience of the customer.
For inquiries about McAllen dentists, click here.http://www.xpressdentalclinic.com
On How Is It Possible To Find The Best Dentist In McAllen, TX
In the past years, with the attractiveness of the dental profession, more and more people have been tempted to pursue their education in the said field. This is with the anticipation that once they have graduated from schooling, they will be able to build a financially-rewarding career. The increase in demand for such is basically the reason on why dentists are abundant these days. Therefore, if you are planning to find the best dentist in McAllen, TX, you might need to spend some time because of the multiplicity of the choices that can be possibly taken into account. Fortunately, this article will make things easier for you through the identification of some of the most critical factors that should be taken into account.
• Consider training and education. The best dentist in McAllen, TX is the one with attractive education background and comprehensive training in the past. Some dentists even have their trainings out-of-the-country, which simply shows that they are committed towards being able to learn the latest trends and technologies in the dental field. If they have the best of the knowledge and skills that will be required in the profession, you can be confident that they will be able to do a lot in improving your oral health.
• It is also important to make sure that the dentist is using state-of-the-art equipment in the procedures and treatments that are administered. This will make sure of its effectiveness and that they will be painless. Dentists should invest in their tools in order to provide the best experience to their patients.
• If you have the time, make sure to first read the reviews about the dentists that you are considering. Many people have been generous enough to share their experiences, most of which can be found online. It is also a good idea to ask for suggestions from people you personally know. Through their experiences, it will be a lot easier for you to tell how one dentist is better than the other.
• Ask for quotation of the treatment that will be done to you. Your choice of dentist will depend on the money that you have. Of course, the best would be one that will be appropriate for your budget.
• You should not also forget to check the policies of the dentist with regards to insurance and health care plans. If you have these plans, the cost of the dental visit can prove to be more affordable, but such will depend on the rules that are imposed by the dental clinic.
• It is important to consider the clinic hours of the dentist. Make sure that it will be convenient based on your work or personal schedule. There are some dental clinics that are open on late night hours, while there are also some that are open on weekdays. Make sure to have an appointment prior to your visit so that you can avoid wasting your time. http://www.xpressdentalclinic.com
"Tell the chef, the beer is on me."
"Basically the price of a night on the town!"
"I'd love to help kickstart continued development! And 0 EUR/month really does make fiscal sense too... maybe I'll even get a shirt?" (there will be limited edition shirts for two and other goodies for each supporter as soon as we sold the 200)